The 2022 Complexity Session in Alpbach
The pandemic, climate change, and the war in Ukraine have enormous global implications; think of food and energy supplies. These seemingly unrelated developments are interconnected.
The prominently staffed panel at the European Forum Alpbach, organized by the CSH, will address questions like:
- What paths might lead to a more resilient future?
- Is local production desirable, to what extent is global production inevitable?
- Can transparency in supply networks become a game changer?
- What should policymakers do?
- Andreas Gerstenmayer, Chairman of the Management Board AT&S Austria Technologie und Systemtechnik AG
- Elisabeth Götze, Member of the Austrian Parliament (Green Party)
- Charles Godfray, Director, Oxford Martin School Oxford University
- Stefan Thurner, President CSH Vienna & Medical University of Vienna
- Cédric Villani, Mathematician, Fields Medalist 2010
The (English) panel will be moderated by Gabriel Felbermayr, Director and Senior Economist at the Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO).